Churp Churp Exclusive Screening – Cowboys & Aliens
Chilli & Durian. Barbie & Homer Simpson. Cowboys & Aliens.
What do these pairs have in common? Well, we at Churp Churp find the pairings slightly unconventional and some of us even had our eyebrows raised figuring out the connection between each of them to make up the odd pairs.
Cowboys and Aliens are indeed colliding on the golden screen and we’re happy to bring to you all the action in our next screening courtesy of United International Pictures! Wouldn’t it be interesting to find out how they would face each other?
Here’s something about the movie:
Blockbuster filmmaker Jon Favreau directs Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford in an event film for summer 2011 that crosses the classic Western with the alien-invasion movie in a blazingly original way: Cowboys & Aliens. Joined by an arsenal of top moviemakers—Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci—he brings an all-new action thriller that will take audiences into the Old West, where a lone cowboy leads an uprising against a terror from beyond our world.
1875. New Mexico Territory. A stranger (Craig) with no memory of his past stumbles into the hard desert town of Absolution. The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist. What he discovers is that the people of Absolution don’t welcome strangers, and nobody makes a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron-fisted Colonel Dolarhyde (Ford). It’s a town that lives in fear.
But Absolution is about to experience fear it can scarcely comprehend as the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky. Screaming down with breathtaking velocity and blinding lights to abduct the helpless one by one, these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known.
Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation. As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he’s been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force. With the help of the elusive traveler Ella (Olivia Wilde), he pulls together a posse comprised of former opponents—townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors—all in danger of annihilation. United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival.
The screenplay for Cowboys & Aliens is by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman & Damon Lindelof and Mark Fergus & Hawk Ostby, from a screen story by Fergus & Ostby and Steve Oedekerk. It is based on Platinum Studios’ “Cowboys & Aliens” by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg. Grazer, Howard, Kurtzman, Orci and Rosenberg produce. Spielberg, Favreau, Denis L. Stewart, Bobby Cohen, Randy Greenberg and Ryan Kavanaugh executive produce. www.cowboysandaliensmovie.com
Check out the awesome trailer of the movie!
Churp Churp Exclusive Screening of Cowboys & Aliens
Date: August 10, 2011 (Wednesday)
Venue: TGV KLCC
How to win passes to this exclusive screening!
1. Tweet to us @Churp2 what do you think the Cowboys would say to the Aliens when they first meet? Make sure you include the keywords #CowboysAliens, @Churp2 and http://bit.ly/ro0diy!
Cowboys to Aliens: Welcome to mother earth, but u best not try to conquer us! @Churp2 #CowboysAliens http://bit.ly/ro0diy
2. Fill up this form with your details and most importantly, the permalink to your tweet.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
35 most creative tweets will win a pair of the screening passes!
All the best guys, do tweet us by August 3rd for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the screenings! 😉
Terms and Conditions
1. This movie screening is opened to existing Churp Churp users in Malaysia to take part.
2. To participate, Churpers are required to Tweet to us with the stated conditions and fill in the movie contest submission form in this blog post. Only complete contest entries are accepted and eligible for participation.
3. Invites will be sent out via emails to winners by August 3rd 2011 (Wednesday) and will require confirmation of attendance through email by August 5th 2011 (Friday). Winners who fail to confirm their attendance by the deadline will have their invites revoked and passed to winners who didn’t make the initial cut.
4. Judges’ decisions are final and not disputable.
5. ChurpChurp reserves the right to amend this Terms and Conditions without prior notice.