We’re pretty excited about the arrival of 2012 and guess what; the excitement of welcoming the New Year is going to be thrilled by Mark Wahlberg’s latest action thriller film “Contraband”. For you Churpers who enjoy watching thrillers, this is the movie you shouldn’t miss out because it’s Mark Wahlberg we’re talking about! He’s pretty awesome in The Fighter so we can’t wait to catch him in Contraband this time around!
(This movie is rated 18.)
Synopsis: Mark Wahlberg leads the cast of Contraband, a fast-paced thriller about a man trying to stay out of a world he worked so hard to leave behind and the family he’ll do anything to protect. Set in New Orleans, the film explores the cutthroat underground world of international smuggling—full of desperate criminals and corrupt officials, high-stakes and big payoffs—where loyalty rarely exists and death is one wrong turn away.
Chris Farraday (Wahlberg) long ago abandoned his life of crime, but after his brother-in-law, Andy (Caleb Landry Jones), botches a drug deal for his ruthless boss, Tim Briggs (Giovanni Ribisi), Chris is forced back into doing what he does best—running contraband—to settle Andy’s debt. Chris is a legendary smuggler and quickly assembles a crew with the help of his best friend, Sebastian (Ben Foster), to head to Panama and return with millions in counterfeit bills.
Things quickly fall apart and with only hours to reach the cash, Chris must use his rusty skills to successfully navigate a treacherous criminal network of brutal drug lords, cops and hit men before his wife, Kate (Kate Beckinsale), and sons become their target. “Contraband” hits the big screen in Malaysia 15th January, 2011.
Feeling the adrenaline rush already, or have you not just yet? Either ways, check out the trailer for the highlights of the movie!
All thanks to United International Pictures, Churp Churp will be giving away tickets to our exclusive screening of Contraband to 40 lucky Churpers and their friend to be among the firsts to watch this movie prior to its official release date.
Churp Churp Exclusive Screening – Contraband
Date : 11th January 2012 (Wednesday)
Time : 9:30 pm
Venue : Cathay Cineplex, e@Curve
Sample tweet: I want to catch #Contraband with @Churp2 because it’s Mark Wahlberg – my favorite actor! http://bit.ly/w0LBOs
2) Fill up this form with your details, and most importantly the URL to your tweet.
To get your tweet URL, Mouse over the date/time of your tweet and copy that link!
Do look through our Terms & Conditions before participating and all the best!
Terms and conditions:
1) This movie screening is opened to existing Churp Churp users in Malaysia to take part.
2) To participate, Churpers are required to Tweet to us with the stated conditions and fill in the movie contest submission form in this blog post. Only complete contest entries are accepted and eligible for participation.
3) Protected tweets that not traceable by Churp Churp will not be accepted as participation to the contest.
4) Invites will be sent out via emails to winners by January 6th 2012 (Friday) and will require confirmation of attendance through email by January 8th 2012 (Sunday). Winners who fail to confirm their attendance by the deadline will have their invites revoked and passed to winners who didn’t make the initial cut.
5) Judges’ decisions are final and not disputable.
6) Churp Churp reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.